The Driver/Warehouse Associate role is responsible for the operation of gasoline or diesel-powered box trucks to transport goods on public roadways and company property and will assist in the daily operations and functions of the distribution center warehouse. This person will timely and accurately deliver Safe-Way overhead doors and products to customers. This person will maintain warehouse product movement by unloading and organizing all transferred material from the Warsaw manufacturing plant. This includes using forklifts, jacks, carts, racks, pallets, and the movement of boxes.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Operate a box truck accurately and efficiently.
- Must be able to proficiently back box trucks in and out of various spaces, including receiving docks, service bays, and to customer warehouses (commercial and residential areas).
- Inspect truck and trailer for defects before and after trips and report any discrepancies to transportation management.
- Read packing slips and deliver the appropriate product to each customer on the route.
- Keep track of routine maintenance on delivery trucks and notify the distribution center manager when service is needed.
- Lift, stack, and organize overhead garage doors, track, hardware, springs, and openers.
- Off-load materials, verify counts to purchase orders and check shipments for damage.
- Sort stock materials from job materials.
- Utilize proper paperwork to prepare materials/products to stage for deliveries accurately.
- Load overhead doors and products onto customer vehicles/trailers.
- Conduct daily cycle counts and annual inventory counts to maintain an accurate inventory.
- Utilize hand tools, mechanical equipment, forklift, and other motorized equipment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- MUST HAVE CLASS B DRIVER”S LICENSE
- Ability to use industrial equipment, carts, pallets, and all other equipment related to loading/shipment of garage doors, hardware, and other assemblies.
- Ability to accurately read a map/atlas.
- Ability to consistently lift a heavy weight of up to 100 lbs.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Forklift license
- Current and Clean Driving license – Class E Endorsement or Chauffer Endorsement
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use both hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand for long periods of time (up to 12 hours); walk for extended periods of time; sit, squat, kneel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee regularly works with moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.